Thursday, April 2, 2009

Journey to the Cross: Day 37

Lord, when Your glory I shall see...
by Kurt J. Eggert

Lord, when Your glory I shall see
and taste Your Kingdom's pleasure
Your blood my royal robe shall be -
my joy beyond all measure!
When I appear before your throne,
Your rightousness will be my crown.
With these I need not hide me.
And there in garments richly wrought,
as your own bride I will be brought
to stand in joy before Thee.
Lord, when Your glory I shall see...

This poetry, written by a pastor in the 17th century, talks about the moment we arrive at Heaven and see Jesus for the first time. We want to give you our own "Journey to the Cross" paraphrase of what you just read:

Jesus, when I see you for the first time
and savor that very first moment in your heaven,
I'll look down and see that your blood covers my rags and cleans up my dirt.
Wow - all this for me?
And as I stand before you while you sit on your throne,
not only will I have a robe of blood but a crown that proves you've made me righteous.
If I didn't have these, I'd hide from you because you're a just and perfect God.
I don't need to hide anymore.
And all dressed up, I'll be united and brought closer to Jesus -
more than I've ever been - almost like a bride is united to her husband at her wedding.
And I'll stand. And I'll smile.
I won't know much what else I'll do, Jesus,
when I see you for the first time...